The main aspects to the job are
a) client facing in following the safe delivery of their film materials.
b) improving the overall quality of the existing film material: analysing the inventory, supervising restorations and creating new digital files.
c) within the post-production team, organising test screenings, receiving and controlling the materials delivered by producers.
• A native or fully fluent English speaker with an excellent command of German. A third language (French, or Swedish is a plus)
• A cinephile with an interest in films analysis and an ability to formalise ideas
• Interested in production, post-production and editing
• Have knowledge of broadcast and distribution technical terms
• Able to deal with stress and prioritisation and very organised.
• Proficient with Excel, Word and server software.
• Computer savvy and proficient in virtual workspaces, particularly with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
• Able to demonstrate previous experience in the film industry
• A perfectionist with attention to detail, and able to meet deadlines
• Gain valuable experience about the film industry while closely following the evolution of the post-production process of three films by major directors,
• Gain an oversight on different aspects of the company including editing, sales, marketing and production as we are small and flexible company
• Gain valuable experience in the restauration processes.
• Be trusted and be given responsibilities within a close team
• Work in a multi-lingual environment with a friendly and motivational atmosphere and engaged and international colleagues who bring commitment and camaraderie to their work
German - English - French
Beginn: spring 2021
Dauer: 6 months
Vergütung: 800€ net
Anzahl der Plätze:
Angaben zum Unternehmen
Based in Paris and Berlin, Coproduction Office is an international distributor and producer of bold, award-winning films. Coproduction Office’s CEO and founder Philippe Bober has worked with prominent ground-breaking directors* from early on in their careers and has produced thirty-two films to date. The majority of these films were selected for the main competitions in Cannes, Venice and Berlin, where they have received many major prizes, most notably the Venice Golden Lion in 2014 for Roy Andersson’s A PIGEON SAT ON A BRANCH REFLECTING ON EXISTENCE, and the Palme d’Or in 2017 for THE SQUARE by Ruben Östlund.
Coproduction Office’s international sales division distributes a catalogue composed of films produced by Philippe Bober as well as acquired titles and restored classics, including Roberto Rossellini’s key films. The catalogue is unique for its artistic strength, with films that have an individual and distinctive cinematic language, and often daring content.
*Lars von Trier, Roy Andersson, Ulrich Seidl, Jessica Hausner, Lou Ye, Kornél Mundruczó, Cristi Puiu, Michelangelo Frammartino, Carlos Reygadas, Ruben Östlund.
Erbringung von sonstigen Dienstleistungen a. n. g.